Copy Editors (2 needed) (WA)
This position requires an independently motivated person who has worked under deadlines and thrives in the pressure.
We will have monthly meetings, or will meet as we can ... I live in the Seattle area.
We have one writer in Moses Lake currently. 10 Writers all together at the moment and a team of 6 Graphic Artists.
This is a Cannabis related publication. Some knowledge would help, but is not required.
The publication name is Sativa Magazine. It is one of many publications we will produce.
You will be emailed articles weekly and expected to meet deadlines without supervisor oversight.
The first edition comes out February first. We have a stellar team of designers and writers.
The position is an internship position working part time on a few articles a month until our sales team can bring in enough advertisers to start paying our salaries.
We estimate this will take three months to reach our goals and get everyone working full time.
Our first edition is nearly finished and the articles for March are being written as you read this.
We are creating a company that's goal is to create jobs, not make a profit. Every team member including myself (actually I'm spending money) is making an investment of their time. And we have achieved so much already.
My promise to you.
If you can help these extremely talented and educated Cannabis professionals to create great pieces of Journalism (in AP style), when we are making enough money from the advertising dollars we bring in, you will make more money with this company than you would at any other publication working as a Writer/Copy Editor.
The Cannabis industry is growing extremely fast. My background education is in Business/Marketing/Advertising. I worked for the largest newspaper publishing company for years until it started to shrink as the economy collapsed. I'm 34 years old, educated , motivated and confident this market is too hot to pass up. I know how to bring this product to market, I have an excellent team already in place and we are near finished with our first project. Once that is complete (withing the next 7 days) I will build the sales and marketing team. I already have a deal in the works for distribution and our online marketing campaign has started off very well. After we have a solid product the sales team will sell advertising and I will begin raising investment capital.
I worked for DOPE magazine for a short time recently and while I was there I saw a huge gap in the market. There are so many incredible opportunities opening in this field and my dad taught me to watch out for opportunities. With my lifestyle growing up, step dad a biker and my mom a hippie, then me moving on to college and getting an education in business and then working in publishing ... I don't really believe in it, but it almost feels like fate. haha Corny I know. But it's almost perfect how the cards were laid out.
If you are a qualified Copy Writer and you know an opportunity when you see one ... in 5 years I promise you will tell a lot of people, "I was just in the right place, at the right time".
I hope to have you on the team. :) Please email your resume and a little information about yourself and I will contact you shortly.
Michael
Posting ID: 3549164989
Posted: 2013-01-15, 9:15PM PST
Edited: 2013-01-15, 9:41PM PST
No comments:
Post a Comment